A Technical Workshop was held in the Natural History Museum (UK) in May 2013. The purpose was to advance the efforts of the Partnership Working groups through 1) discussing and agreeing on cross-cutting technical issues (e.g., design of an information gateway [portal]), 2) co-creating Work Plans for the Working Groups, and 3) identifying individuals/organizations to lead Work Plan implementation.
The Participants in the Workshop were provided with a Workshop Toolkit to give them background and necessary resources.
Presentations given included:
- A general introduction to the partnership and the purpose of the Workshop from Jamie K. Reaser
- The GIASIPartneship Gateway by Chris Lyal
- Interoperability to support information access and delivery through the Gateway by Samy Gaiji
- ISSG update by Piero Genovesi and Shyama Pagad
- EASIN by Stelios Katsanevakis
- DAISIE, GB-NNSIP, COST; Working in Partnership by Helen Roy.
The report of the meeting is available here.